The SURVUZ Foundation develops and manages methods and instruments that can be used by service providers to improve their performance. The Foundation supports service management experts who want to share their knowledge based on the methods and instruments managed by SURVUZ. The Foundation:
- manages USM (Unified Service Management), a method with associated instruments and facilities, that can be applied in all service domains, both facility services (building management, human resources, finance, IT, catering, etc.) and primary domains ( such as governments, telecoms, health care, etc.)
- accredits Partners and certifies Experts who want to use USM
- certifies products that support the deployment of USM in practice
- provides information about USM and promotes its use
- leads the USM Management Group, in which USM partners and USM experts work together on the continuous development of the method
The SURVUZ Foundation supports and encourages the improvement of service organizations based on the following principles:
- Organizational improvement is only lasting effective if it is controlled and deployed by internal staff.
- The deployment of USM is based on the promotion of self-management capabilities, with learning as the central focus.
SURVUZ itself does not provide USM services to the market: no coaching, no training, no exams, no projects. Instead, SURVUZ manages an ecosystem of experts and a knowledge platform in which the USM architecture serves as a standard. All deployments and products are normalized against the USM architecture, to make sure they can act as certified service management building blocks in an unambiguous approach. This creates a unique marketplace in which all support of USM deployments is delivered through accredited partners, who always work with certified experts and certified products. These USM partners, experts, and products are published on the USM portal so that USM users can always verify that they deploy qualified resources.
USM partners and experts are part of the USM Management Group, which is under the direction and ultimate responsibility of the SURVUZ Foundation. The USM Management Group is engaged in adapting and improving existing USM products and specifications and in expanding USM with new products. USM partners have the right to develop products and offer them to the Foundation for inclusion in the list of USM products, both for open and partner-specific USM products. The Foundation assesses the products and determines whether they can be included in USM.
After acceptance, an open USM product is part of USM and is listed on the USM portal. A partner-specific USM product is also listed on the USM portal after acceptance, but the associated product partner is responsible and accountable.
SURVUZ offers opportunities for numerous experts, in many roles, to support the market for service providers with better products.
Interested in contributing? Contact the SURVUZ Foundation.
This post is also available in: Nederlands