Starting 2017, Dutch organizations have used USM for the improvement of their service delivery and cases are now becoming available. In other countries, documented cases are expected to emerge from the end of 2022 onward. This page only shows cases and background material in English.
For cases on health care and municipalities in Dutch, please go to the Dutch version of this page.
Case 1: Dutch Ministry: Jeroen Bekaert, project manager & coach Process-based Working at a Dutch Ministry, presents the improvement project that started in 2020 based on USM. What was the initial situation, how was the improvement set up and what has been achieved. Involved teams included ICT and Facilities (Building Management, Security, Catering & Mail Handling).
- Presentation for SCiO Europa, 20 June 2021
- Video: How USM supports variety reduction in the Viable System Model (Jan van Bon)
- Conference THE FUTURE OF EUROPE, 1 december 2021.
- Video USM Executive Overview, by John Worthington, MyServiceMonitor
- Webinar by John Worthington: Establishing a business lane for your ITIL roadmap with the USM method [20 minutes]
- Video by John Worthington: Short introduction into USM [2 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington: Why we need to simplify enterprise service management. [2 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington: Inside-out value streams: stuck the Muda again. [10 minutes]
- Webinar by Pieter Hoekstra: 7 steps to demystify Demand & Portfolio Management [30 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington, USA: ESM and the Big Re-Think: Sustainable ESM with the USM Method [41 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington for itSMF USA: Simplifying Service Management for the Enterprise - ITIL 4 and the Unified Service Management method - PART I [55 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington for itSMF USA: How to make a success of ITIL 4 with USM - PART II [1 hour 1 minute]
- Introduction video for itSMF USA Community of Interest on USM [1 minute]