Starting 2017, Dutch organizations have used USM for the improvement of their service delivery and cases are now becoming available. In other countries, documented cases are expected to emerge from the end of 2022 onward. This page only shows cases and background material in English.
For cases on health care and municipalities in Dutch, please go to the Dutch version of this page.
Case 1: Dutch Ministry: Jeroen Bekaert, project manager & coach Process-based Working at a Dutch Ministry, presents the improvement project that started in 2020 based on USM. What was the initial situation, how was the improvement set up and what has been achieved. Involved teams included ICT and Facilities (Building Management, Security, Catering & Mail Handling).
- Presentation for SCiO Europa, 20 June, 2021
- Video: How USM supports variety reduction in the Viable System Model (Jan van Bon)
- Conference THE FUTURE OF EUROPE, 1 December, 2021.
- Podcast with Richard Pharro, CEO APMG International: A Transformational approach to Service Management with Jan van Bon - 18 March, 2022.
- Video USM Executive Overview, by John Worthington, MyServiceMonitor, May 2022.
- Webinar by John Worthington: Establishing a business lane for your ITIL roadmap with the USM method, June 2022 [20 minutes]
- Video by John Worthington: Short introduction into USM, March 2022 [2 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington: Why we need to simplify enterprise service management, June 2022 [2 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington: Inside-out value streams: stuck the Muda again, June 2022 [10 minutes]
- Webinar by Pieter Hoekstra: 7 steps to demystify Demand & Portfolio Management, February 2022 [30 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington, USA: ESM and the Big Re-Think: Sustainable ESM with the USM Method, November 2022 [41 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington for itSMF USA: Simplifying Service Management for the Enterprise - ITIL 4 and the Unified Service Management method - PART I, September 2022 [55 minutes]
- Webinar by John Worthington for itSMF USA: How to make a success of ITIL 4 with USM - PART II, October 2022 [1 hour 1 minute]
- Introduction video for itSMF USA Community of Interest on USM, January 2023 [1 minute]
- Public workshop "Taking a deep Dive in 4me and USM", March 2023 [2 hours 41 minutes]
- Video by John Worthington: Unified Service Management and the Radical Enterprise, April 2023 [8 minutes]
- Video by John Worthington: How a great Customer Experience become Routine, March 2023 [4 minutes]
- Video by John Worthington: USM-NOW: Automation in a Service Management Context, February 2023 [00:04']
- Video by John Worthington: What is the Unified Service management (USM) Method?, itSMF USA LIG Minnesota, March 2023 [00:53']
- Video by John Worthington: Unifying Service Management with the USM Method, itSMF USA, March 2023 [00:59']
- Introduction of USM to itSMF Australia - part I: Repairing ITIL's blind eye with service management architecture, September 2023 [00:49']